Executive Council Meeting

January 28-29, 2006
Muncie IN

Official

NAA Representative David Ivey was not in attendance.
The President called the meeting to order at 8:05 a.m.


In Attendance
President's Report
Executive Vice President's Report
Executive Director's Report
Committee Reports
New Business
Old Business

OPENING BUSINESS

IN ATTENDANCE
President Dave Brown, Hamilton, OH; Executive Vice President Doug Holland, Raleigh, NC; District Vice Presidents: I-Andy Argenio, Smithfield, RI; II-Dave Mathewson, Baldwinsville, NY; III-Bob Brown, Bradford, PA; IV-Bliss Teague, Hickory, NC; V-Tony Stillman, Pensacola, FL; VI-Charlie Bauer, Norridge, IL; VII-Bill Oberdieck, Southgate, MI; VIII-Sandy Frank, Weatherford, TX; IX-Mark T. Smith, Shawnee, KS; X-Rich Hanson, Scottsdale, AZ; XI-Bruce Nelson, Spokane, WA; Acting Executive Director Joyce Hager and Felix Gora, Legal Counsel.

Attending from AMA Headquarters staff were Jay Mealy; Tom Schwyn; Steve Kaluf; Rob Kurek; Carl P. Maroney; Michael Smith and Lonnie Estep.

Others in attendance were Randy Adams, District III AVP; Larry Johnson, Harry A. Koch Co.; Gordon Schimmel, Education Committee; Ginger Mathewson, District II and Shirley Teague, District IV.

There were no additions to the agenda. The President will attempt to get through the items that involve staff members as early as possible.

Approval of October 2005 Minutes

It was moved, seconded and approved by unanimous acclamation to approve the Minutes of the October 15-16, 2005 Executive Council meeting.

Years of Service Awards: the President presented the following awards: Distinguished Service Awards to Dave Mathewson, Bill Oberdieck and Bruce Nelson for 6 years of service each; and an Exemplary Service Award to Bliss Teague for 3 years of service.

PRESIDENT’S REPORT

  • Elections will be held for the even districts this year; the President appointed B. Oberdieck (VII) as Nominating Committee chairman.
     

  • Nominating Procedures: changes that were made at the October 2005 EC meeting were incorporated into the document. It was Council’s wish to illustrate the literacy of the candidates by publishing their statements as submitted. A statement will be added to the Nominating Procedure document stating any statement containing slanderous/libelous comments cannot be published as submitted and will be returned to the candidate for review and reconsideration. The procedures should also contain a statement encouraging candidates to have someone review their statement prior to submission.

    Conclusion: publish statements as submitted; make the disclaimer clearer (include statement re libelous/slanderous comments; encourage review of statement.) Statements in questions will be referred to the ED and the Publications Committee if necessary.
     

  • Executive Council successors: the acting ED reviewed the current district successors and made changes where applicable.
     

  • Committee Review: Bylaws-remove Rich Hanson as chairman (but he remains on committee). Chairman is Andy Argenio; Finance-no change; CARE-Dissolved; Education-add Michael Smith; Expenditure Review-no change; FAI Executive-replace L. Johnson with S. Kaluf; Facilities Maintenance Oversight-add B. Teague; Flying Site Grant-remove Richard Lee (replacement to be named); Frequency-Kaluf non-voting coordinator, chairman yet to be named; Insurance-no change; Leader Member- no change; Membership Development- no change; Museum Steering-no change; Museum Acquisition-no change; Nats Management-President to speak with R. Morgan re adding J. Vislay (no EC members opposed to adding Vislay); Nominations-2006 Chairman B. Oberdieck (VII); Property-replace J. Hager with J. Hawley and add B. Teague; Publications-add R. Kurek; Safety-no change; Scholarship-add Gordon Schimmel; Special Interest Group Recognition-add T. Stillman, the chairman will propose one more name to the President for appointment.

    Ad Hoc Committees: Indoor/Park Flier Flying Sites-dissolved; Captive Board-dissolved; FAI Records Review-dissolve and tasks assigned to FAI Executive Committee; Historical Landmark-President to determine later; Safety Practice enforcement-President to determine later; Legal Defense for Clubs-add C. Bauer to replace Koranda; Disaster Relief Fund-dissolve; Flying Site Assistance Program-dissolve; Safety Video-no change;

    Liaisons to other groups: Show Team-no change; IMAA-A. Argenio will replace S. Frank; JPO-no change. Ad Hoc Committee on Safety Code-dissolve.

    Not an AMA Committee-Hall of Fame-add Norm Rosenstock; District reps-District I rep has asked to be replaced. Argenio will let HQ know of replacement; VI-Bauer needs to be replaced and will let HQ know; VIII-replace Bill Lee with Riley Wooten (TX); IX-Michael Harrington.
     

  • Investigation/Enforcement Administrative Procedures Document (APPENDIX): four cases that were pending when Koranda left are now resolved; HQ currently has one case on file which will be discussed later. These procedures should apply to clubs in addition to member(s). Council agrees with the need for a process of administrative reprimand for egregious safety violations, etc.; they also agree with letting headquarters handle the investigation and administration of these situations using a set of guidelines and consultation with the respective VP. Council agrees that these procedures can be used as a starting point. Expulsion cannot be considered in these guidelines since expulsion as a sanction is addressed in the bylaws.

    Conclusion: this document was referred to Felix Gora (legal counsel) for review; legal counsel will recommend what Council should adopt as a standing rule (referring to these guidelines) that would provide AMA the authority to use them.

EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT'S REPORT

  • The audit report will be presented and reviewed at the April meeting; it will be placed on the AMA website when complete. Bond rate is flexible and changes each week; presently at 3.14%.

EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S REPORT

Mail/conference call votes: the following were read into the minutes; NAA Rep. David Ivey and District V VP Tony Stillman were not available for the conference call:

Moved and seconded to accept the Executive Director’s job description with the recommended changes.
MOTION passed unanimously

Moved and seconded to approve up to $25,000 for the recruitment and hiring of a new Executive Director.
MOTION passed unanimously

Moved and seconded that Joyce Hager will assume the duties as Interim Executive Director until such time as a new Executive Director is hired; at which point she will resume her duties as Staff Director.
MOTION passed unanimously

Moved and seconded to extend Joyce Hager’s existing contract to a month to month basis UNTIL A NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR IS HIRED.
MOTION passed unanimously.

It was moved, seconded and approved by acclamation to change the dates of the April 2006 and October 2006 Executive Council meeting to April 29-30 and October 14-15.

  • Marketing: as of a week ago Friday membership is at 97% as compared to last year. This year’s renewals were sent third class and everyone has their bills now. The largest percent of renewals were received via the mail; second was on-line and via telephone was a very small percentage. HQ will address problems encountered when renewing multiple people on-line with the same credit card. Multiple renewal reminders have been sent to date, with another being sent this coming week. Two additional mailings have been budgeted for and scheduled. The sweepstakes program was launched in October 2005; three monthly drawings have been held. The intent of this program was to bring member renewals in before the end of the year and to entice members who have not renewed. Results are being tracked. New member program update: intro. member program on track and expected to reach the forecast of 4000; have added Cub Scouts to the scouting program. The Scouting program under is consideration for being added as a Merit Badge for aeromodeling; TN DVD series program 2005 revenue approximately $50,000, volume five is shipping in February; will launch dental/vision program in February, revenue forecast for 2006 is $60,000.

    Break 10:05 a.m.
     
  • Convention: on behalf of the convention committee J. Mealy thanked headquarters staff and AMA officers for a great effort. He indicated this is a preliminary report since all bills have not yet been paid. Over 7,700 people attended the show; 6,500 tickets sold at the door ($39,452 in member ticket sales and $23,560 in non-member ticket sales) for a total of$69,000 for tickets both advanced and at the door; four more exhibitors than last year/total of 256 booths (booth sales generated over $95,000). Thank you letters/surveys to the exhibitors are being put together now. This letter will include a notation that if they reserve and pay in full for booth space for 2007 right now (cut-off to be determined) they will pay the 2006 price of $385/booth (discount for multiple booths). It is expected that booth prices will go up for 2007, possibly to $425. The dinner featuring Burt Rutan was a success and it is suggested that AMA establish a tradition of having a keynote speaker at a dinner to be held during the convention. Kudos was given to R. Kurek and his crew on the great job that was done covering the convention and the Rutan dinner. Suggestions should be given to J. Mealy. A report with better figures will be available prior to the April meeting.
     
  • Publications (APPENDIX): officers receive their magazine via first class mail (cost approximately $3). This was done so that if there was anything controversial in the magazine, the VPs would be aware of it before the magazine got into the hands of the members and be prepared to respond to questions. R. Kurek and others will track for six months when they receive the magazine to determine how long it takes from where they are shipped. Another possibility would be to send the officers magazines directly from headquarters. Digitizing the magazine-Rob and Joyce working on; R. Kurek to do survey on those who received the Nats CD; the Publications Committee was assured that the problems with the website will be handled by headquarters. The committee expects to be involved and would like to see a basic outline. Comments on the redesign of the magazine received at the convention were good; have high expectation for Sport Aviator, it is a good resource and AMA must be vigilant in its promotion; there is a promotional agreement between AMA and RC Universe (no cost to AMA), RCU will suggest that Sport Aviator is the best information resource for beginner fliers.
     
  • Nats/Site: will be doing a combined mailing to 1,500 previous Nats entrants (contestants, volunteers and mechanics); have sent 25 entry forms through E-mail to first-time Nats attendees; Nats calendar includes official and unofficial events listing; will increase distribution of Nats poster to outlying communities. State soil sample sponsored by BSU and Purdue University done on site four, they will provide results to AMA (no cost to AMA); continue investigation of frequency control system; W. Yeager provided scale drawings of the site which could be helpful in answering members' questions; and L. Estep/J. Hawley continue addressing the security issues.

Council needs to determine when the Official AMA Membership Meeting will be held.

It was moved, seconded and approved by unanimous acclamation to hold the Official AMA Membership Meeting for 2006 on Thursday, May 18, during the Joe Nall event. (Time to be announced.) In addition the Official AMA Membership Meeting for 2007 will be held on Saturday, January 13, during the AMA Convention in Ontario, CA (Time-9:00-10:00 a.m.).

  • Clarification on action taken at the October 2005 Council meeting re the release signature on record applications for three-view drawings: AMA will charge their cost for reproduction of newly accomplished records. Requests for reproduction of records from years past will not be accommodated. In addition, the request to allow a member to put these drawings on his website was declined by Council.

NAA REPORT

The NAA representative was not in attendance therefore no report is available.

The President reported that he was asked to serve on the Collier Committee to select the award recipient. He feels that this is indicative that modeling is becoming a recognized part of the aviation community.

It was asked whether the lack of NAA participation in the past meetings is indicative of a lack of regard towards AMA. The President has spoken with the representative and if the official rep is going to be absent from two meetings in a row they will assign another person to attend the AMA council meeting.

COMMITTEE REPORTS

  • Museum Steering: the heating/cooling system update has been completed in the main gallery and exhibits are back in place although it will take at least a couple more months to rehang aircraft; through museum monetary donations the museum has created two internships with a $500 stipend, one is currently on board and will receive 12 credit hours (they are also working almost a full-time schedule for the museum); at the last Council meeting the Executive Council approved the National Aeromodeling Heritage Program which consists of two separate awards (Heritage Award and Historic Site Award). The steering committee voted to accept the use of a plaque for those selected to receive the Heritage Award, and a bronze marker for those sites selected to receive the Historic Site Award. The application forms will be posted on the Web site shortly; deadline for this year’s applications is the end of August. The Museum Steering Committee determines the recipient(s) and brings to Council for their approval. Presentation of the award will be determined by the respective District VP.

    It was moved, seconded and approved by unanimous acclamation to accept the Museum Steering Committee recommendation to award “George J. Maloof Memorial Park” the Historic Site Designation for the year 2005.

Lunch 12:00 p.m. – 12:55 p.m.

Executive Session 12:55 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.

  • Education Committee (APPENDIX): the chairman explained how aerospace educators frequently use [outdated] models to illustrate an aviation concept to children. A packet was put together with Alcoa grant money that will be a source for educators to use in teaching bedrock science. This packet will contain instructions on how to contact the local school superintendent, the science coordinator, a teacher, etc. and how to interface with the classroom. The DVD in the packet will contain an Education Committee workshop as well as worksheets. This packet will have AMA’s name on it and will refer them to the AMA Web site if they have questions. The committee hopes Alcoa employees will use this packet when participating in career education days. In working with the AMA clubs and T. Schwyn, this packet could be successfully marketed. It would be available for purchase by AMA clubs to use within their communities. A company in Indianapolis will produce a ‘master’ packet and it will be up to AMA to reproduce copies. If AMA contracts with this company for reproduction, a very ‘ballpark’ figure is $1/piece if 5,000-6,000 are ordered; however, this price is not definite. AMA itself would not distribute the packets; the Education Committee will inform interested parties where to access them. The Academy and education go hand in hand and education should be near the top of the list as it is related to the growth of the organization. The Education Committee would like Education to be recognized by headquarters as a separate department (from the museum) and asks Council to consider. (J. Hager agrees with the separation and indicates it would basically be a reporting change.)
     
  • Membership Development (APPENDIX): A report on the E-field program included critical points of differentiation of electrics vs. nitro; why AMA should focus on E-fields; the insurance differences; revenue potential; different publication offer; an implementation plan and critical issues.

    The chairman requested input from Council re their concerns and issues:
    Argenio-allow E-fliers to fly at ‘regular’ sites (if the club allows) so they are exposed to other facets of aeromodeling and aspire to mature to the next level; blend with Tony/Dave M. outreach program;
    Hanson-concern with E-field safety; will there be a revised safety code; must plant the idea of safety consciousness;
    Oberdieck-concern with separation of E-fliers and others;
    Nelson-no comments;
    B. Brown-has doubts that the April survey will show enough evidence for program approval; is of the opinion the program will reduce the membership to $29.95 from $58; concerned with depriving E-fliers of sanctioned activity and the segregation of flying fields; would prefer the $29.95 be a first year introductory price;
    S. Frank-concerned that members who fly Control Line and Free Flight models (under the specified weight for the E-flight program) are not afforded the same reduced rate; don’t tell them they don’t need the magazine and don’t need to be able to run in sanctioned events, could modify limitations;
    Holland-concern with dues structure making people permanent electric fliers through dues; doesn’t like segregation of fliers; non-sanctioning; concern with insurance company continuing to charge AMA the same rate but with AMA receiving a lower income (Mathewson explained that Westchester asked that data be collected during the 2006 policy year and this data would be used in negotiating the policy for the following year);
    D. Brown-concern that people will go after the [E-fliers] site owner since they have more liability coverage than the fliers themselves; The program would take significant restructuring of the entire concept of how AMA works with flying fields and clubs, since AMA charters clubs, NOT flying fields; not sure AMA would realize a reduction in liability; has same concerns re Control Line, Indoor and Free Flight modelers that S. Frank expressed; suggests AMA come up with a coupon for 50% discount on first year memberships that can be included with the park flier kits (AMA would determine whether that kit fits into the E-flier category); Mathewson-sees E-fields as a benefit to members, not segregation and it will help procure sites in urban areas;
    Stillman-concerned with how to get the information to clubs;
    Teague-concerned that the E-fliers won’t progress to the $58 membership;
    Bauer-three pound planes can inflict serious injuries; the $29.95 cost should be available to anyone for one year. The Committee will review the above concerns.

    The ad campaigns for the Buddy Box Program will say something like “get your free buddy box with the purchase of a full AMA membership” (of $58); the committee has nothing new to report on the revision of the intro pilot program; made contact with the managing editor and head of advertising for AARP and the committee has secured a free ad for AMA in the AARP magazine that is expected to run in Sept. or Oct. issue; the committee would like to hold an exploratory session to discuss Corporate Membership during the Toledo show and would like concurrence from Council.
     

It was moved, seconded and approved by unanimous acclamation that M. Smith will hold an exploratory meeting during the Toledo Show with the stakeholders (chief manufacturers, hobby shop dealers, et al) to discuss the concept of corporate membership between AMA and those entities.

Due to the large agenda Council agreed to delay the sensitivity training session until the April meeting.

  • Insurance: renewed policy with Westchester; this year two policies make up the 250,000/per occurrence; still have the 5 mil aggregate. Premium this year is approximately $792,000 (roughly 68k less than last year) and is less than what was budgeted for. It is important to understand that the certificate of insurance that goes to property owners shows one policy at 1 mil, and an excess policy at 1.5 mil. Special steps have been taken to clarify that it is 2.5 mil in coverage and provides 5 mil in the aggregate. Fireman's Fund did not renew the D & O coverage for this year; L. Johnson obtained D & O coverage through Chubb; Mathewson explained that claims under Fireman's Fund need to be submitted prior to the expiration of the coverage (March 31) and council members need to advise Maroney of potential claims prior to that date. The committee will work with the Safety Committee and others to develop a loss prevention program and intend to present a basic outline at the April meeting.

Council went into Executive Session at 6:25 p.m.

The meeting was recessed at 7:30 p.m. and will reconvene Sunday morning at 8:00 a.m.

Sunday January 29, 2006 meeting called to order at 8:09 a.m.

COMMITTEE REPORTS (continued)

  • Ad hoc Safety Video (APPENDIX): the committee submitted an outline for review. It is expected to turn it over and have the storyboard professionally written; the quotes Schwyn got were for doing the actual video, not the storyboard.
    Discussion included-who will be using the video when completed; Mathewson suggested incorporating this concept into the loss prevention program, possibly offering short two minute informational videos that could be put on the Web (stream download); if DVDs can be done for under $1/piece consider sending them out with membership package; original intention was to outline things modelers normally overlook, geared to the sport flier; a short twenty-minute training piece for the entry level person; Stillman knows of someone who may be willing to do this, Tony will approach him; also see what B. Hunt may be willing to do.
     
  • ED Search Update: Council has the revised ED job description as well as sample job announcements. Packets were made available at the convention and will also be provided at Puyallup, WRAM, and Toledo shows. The job offering will be open until April 28, 2006 (close of business). Hanson noted that the candidates will be ranked similar to what the scholarship committee does and would meld that into a single list. They would then review the list for natural break points; from that point they would need a methodology for doing the fine cut (committee is working on this now) to ensure the most ideal candidates come to the top of that list. Following the committees timeline, and depending on the number of applicants it may be possible to make their recommendations at the July meeting or at the latest the October meeting. After hearing Council’s rationale it was decided that the committee will present three applicants to Council. So far the committee has received 15 applicants; the opening is listed on the AMA Web page, the ASAE Web page, listed in Indiana Society of Association Executives, in Model Aviation, sent push E-mail to Leader members, and will go out with charter club packages; other suggestions from Council will be considered.
     
  • FAI Executive: Council received copy of standards used to select teams. The major concern was how to fund new teams and how to sunset those not adequately participated in or successful. The formula is based on points received for success (placing) and participation. The President noted the vast majority of teams will continue to be funded. He made clear that one Junior in all CL categories other than F2D is funded.
    Other changes made by the FAI Executive Committee include-established a standard for how protest fees will be done; significant changes to way team funding would be handled; added an appeal process in disputes re team fund dispersal; funding for team travel will be out of the team fund. There has been a cutback in the amount of money AMA directly affords the team members - AMA will directly deposit $400 per team member directly into the team fund, for the teams use for team travel. At the end of the cycle, any funding the team generated on its own is required to be deposited into the team fund and becomes part of that fund (this is for accountability purposes). Teams are also required to attend all official ceremonies. There is a mechanism built into the document that allows for AMA unfunded teams to attend a WC. The President noted in those instances it is necessary for that team to perform to some minimal level of standard and/or some minimal level of participation and that there be a formal proper team selection program run.

    The President noted the FAI budget was not cut, but is spread over more teams; he then explained the point system used in determining funding. It is expected that this guide will be massaged over time. The guide will be posted on the Web site.

    Further discussion of FAI matters: currently F5B and F5D are flown at world championships under one team manager and it was asked whether AMA would allow a second unfunded AMA team manager. The President indicated FAI only allows one team manager for F5 events; the President stated the additional person could go as assistant team manager (unfunded by the AMA). Only the team manager would be allowed to work with the organizer per the rules. B. Brown (F3D Subcommittee Chairman) stated a committee is investigating a complete re-design of the F3D airplane including airframe and mode of propulsion. They have been directed that any specifications they come up must incorporate electric.

    The District VIII VP distributed a document (APPENDIX) with questions relative to the FAI program he received from a member. He asked that the FAI Executive Committee respond to the members concerns. After reviewing the document the President responded – Question 1: the procedures in no way erode support of FAI teams; Question 2: this is absolutely not so; Question 3: nothing that was done eliminates participation in CL disciplines; and Question 4: AMA does not prevent participation in WC by those not funded by the AMA.

OLD BUSINESS

  • Alternate Tiered Membership: this was dealt with Saturday.
     
  • Strategic Planning Update: the President indicated that there is no documentation or minutes from the previous meeting; J. Hager noted the October 2005 agenda included goals and objectives set for each department and the timeline established by the previous ED. It is believed that these goals and objectives were set as a result of how people remembered the meeting.
    Council agrees to hold a strategic planning meeting in July at the time of the Executive Council meeting, utilizing an outside facilitator. It is not necessary that HQ staff (other than J. Hager) attend. Order of facilitator preference is L. Zellers, S. Brown, and T. McGinnis.

NEW BUSINESS

  • Develop identification/management system: with the onset of spread spectrum use the following action was taken:

    It was moved, seconded and approved by unanimous acclamation that the AMA Executive Council task the AMA Frequency Committee with the responsibility to develop some type of identification and/or management system, so that this new technology can be smoothly incorporated into the present system giving express consideration to the concern of persons using the old system when someone with this new system does not APPEAR to participate in the common and previous system of frequency control.

    Headquarters may want to create an educational piece on how clubs can integrate DSS systems use at their fields.
     
  • Reserve site for IMAA 3 day event: the IMAA would like to establish a ‘traditional date’ for a three day event to be held at the Muncie site. Following a brief discussion A. Argenio will suggest they apply for site use through the normal channels.

    Homecoming has shown a steady decline in attendance and with the onset of Airshow America headquarters recommends that Homecoming be discontinued. Council members recommend possibly leaving an open weekend when AMA extends an open invitation for members to fly on the site.

Break 10:15 a.m. - 10:25 a.m.

  • Review of site use rules: J. Hager would like to make the following changes to the document prepared by L. Estep - RV Electric Hookup $10 per night; RV Non-electric hookup and Primitive Camping would be $6 per night. L. Estep will review the Site Use document, adjust fees as recommended and submit a proposal for Council approval.

    She would like Council to revisit the idea of charging for the use of AMA’s tents, tables, chairs, PA systems, sound system, etc. or charge a fixed cost for the use of the site (this would not include usage during the Nats). She is looking to recoup some of the money AMA spends due to replacement of damaged items, etc. She would like to refer this item to the Site Usage Committee (R. Morgan, L. Estep, B. Brown, C. Bauer, and S. Frank.)

    The committee should review event organizers charging for spectators on the site. B. Brown asked for direction from Council. Comments included-we do not have a policy regarding how to administer events on site which involve someone having to pay to come on the site; is there a method to determine when paying to come on the site is reasonable; should events being held on site be allowed to charge for parking; it was noted that the Membership Manual makes reference to charging fee for equipment use; not concerned with non-modeling events (dog show for example); could possibly rent items to the organizer; those that use the site should absorb some of the cost AMA expends on replacing items; HQs needs policy that says no charging for spectators or here is how to charge for spectators; there are places in Muncie that rent all types of equipment and the organizer could rent the equipment for the time of their event; the committee needs to have in the policy whether an AMA employee needs to be on site during an event; AMA could possibly charge a deposit for holding events on site; AMA could rent the equipment in town and charge the organizer accordingly; the committee will address a policy regarding charging events for site use; it was strongly recommended that AMA NOT charge RVs for dumping station use.

    This policy should address an organizer charging an entrance fee to the [entire] site; charging a fee for entrance to the specific event area; charging parking fees. A straw poll was taken of Council on whether to allow anyone else (other than AMA) to charge to get on to the site for a model airplane event:
    Smith
    -in certain instances, yes;
    Bauer-if event is free AMA will not charge, if the event charges then AMA should charge;
    Teague-agrees with Bauer;
    Stillman-under right conditions, yes;
    Mathewson-uncomfortable with charging AMA members to come on to the site for model events;
    Argenio-yes, the organizer must meet their expenses, however Andy feels his constituents would not want to be charged;
    Hanson-no to charging to get on site, yes to charging to get into specific area for the event;
    Oberdieck-charging is reasonable in certain instances;
    Nelson-agrees with Hanson;
    S. Frank-no;
    Holland-if a non-modeling groups rents the site from us they should be allowed to charge, but no for modeling events and agrees with Hanson in charging for specific area entrance.

    The majority don’t mind if there is an ‘event or gate fee’ at the site of the event, a fee for specific modeling event entrance. Consider charging different fees for different operators (clubs, SIGs, commercial operators, individual AMA members.) Council is not opposed to organizers charging participant fees such as event fees charged in FF, landing fees, etc. They are also agreeable to a policy where any non-profit organization who charges a parking or entrance fee (to get through the gate of the venue and watch) there is a 50/50 split with the AMA. It was then suggested that parking and entrance fees for for-profit events must be negotiated and approved.


    NEXT MEETING

    April 29-30, 2006 Muncie, Indiana