Welcome to modelaircraft.org, website for the Academy of Model Aeronautics. The following is important information regarding this site, our copyright to its contents and the rules for your use of the site as a registered member of the the AMA community.
This service may include a variety of features, such as bulletin boards and chat rooms, which allow feedback to the AMA and real-time interaction between users, and other features, such e-mail services, which allow users to communicate with others. Responsibility for what is posted on bulletin boards, chat rooms and other public posting areas on the service lies with each user - you alone are responsible for the material you post. The AMA does not control the messages, information or files that others may provide through the service. It is a condition of your use of the service that you do not:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the service.
- Use the service to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, objectionable, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
- Use the service to post or transmit any content, materials or information that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including content that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder.
- Use the service to post or transmit any content, software or materials that contains a virus or other harmful component.
- Use the service to post, transmit or in any way exploit any content, materials or information for commercial purposes, or which contains advertising.
- Use the service to advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, or to make donations of any kind, without the express written approval of the AMA.
- Gather for the purpose of spamming e-mail addresses that have been posted by other users of the service.
- Use of the service to impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation any Post-Gazette employee; forge or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any materials posted; or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
All copyright rights to this site, including rights to the work and designs provided by the the AMA and compilations of listings materials organized for this application, are owned by the Academy of Model Aeronautics © 1936 through 2013, All rights reserved. You cannot re-transmit, print or photocopy the materials on this site for re-distribution in any medium without the written permission of the AMA.
For more information, see republication permissions.
No Protection for User Content
If a user of the AMA provides content, materials or information to the site, such submissions shall be deemed to be non-confidential and placed in the public domain by the user. The AMA has no obligation of any kind with respect to such content, materials or information and is free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute it to others without limitation. The AMA is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in the submissions for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing, marketing and distributing products and services incorporating such ideas.
No Liability for Data and Hyperlinks
The AMA will use reasonable efforts to include up-to-date and accurate information in this Internet site, but makes no representations, warranties, or assurances as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information provided. The AMA shall not be liable for any damages or injury, direct or indirect, resulting from your access to, or inability to access, this Internet site, or from your reliance on any information provided at this Internet site or at any site to which this site may post a hyperlink or reference, whether or not such damages or injury were foreseeable.
Exclusion of Warranty
This site is provided "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
Individual registration information submitted by members of the the AMA community will not be provided to any third party and information relating to use of the site will be published by the AMA in aggregated, statistical fashion only. The AMA members may be offered the opportunity to participate in e-mail services in the future but will also have the opportunity to opt out of any routine communication or listservs that may be created based on information provided upon registration.
You understand that the AMA has no obligation to monitor any bulletin boards, chat rooms, or other areas of this site through which users can supply content, materials or information. However, all content, materials and information submitted to the AMA is subject to acceptance by the company. The AMA reserves the right to reject, remove or modify any content, materials and information, in whole or in part at any time for any reason. In addition, the AMA reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request.
Notice of modification/changes at will