ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Contest Directors can sanction Model Aviation events including rule book and non-rule book events. View the Contest Director's Guide to learn more. Responsibilities include sanctioning, verifying AMA membership, creating a safe experience following AMA's safety code.
ELIGIBILITY: Adult AMA members with minimum of 3 consecutive years of membership.
BENEFITS: Benefits include 50% off membership dues after probationary period.
Contact Colleen Pierce, Competitions, 800-435-9262 ext. 252 email@example.com
HOW DO I BECOME A CONTEST DIRECTOR?
1. Pass the on-line, open book, test.
2. Provide 3 AMA Members as references.
3. Once you pass the on-line course your request will be reviewed by your district VP.
4. Once your request is approved you will be asked to pay a one time fee of $25.
5. After your fee is received your membership record will be updated with your new Contest Director credentials.
6. You will receive a new membership card and certificate in the mail.
7. After you run two events as Contest Director and turn in your paperwork you will receive credit towards your membership dues.
8. You are required to run one event per year to continue to receive the membership dues credit.
AMA login required.